Saturday, January 14, 2012

Non-Traditional Valentine Colors

The challenge at Joan's Gardens this week is to use non-traditional colors.  I decided to go with blue and brown.  The DP is Life's Journey from K&Co.  I was intending to go to town to buy some roses but winter hit with full force and so I made a flower from some used dryer sheets.  The small flowers are painted with 'Sage' Creative Inspirations paint.  The die is Spellbinder's 'Contemporary Hearts'.  I placed two of the little punch outs on the ribbon.  The little rose and sentiment stamp is a dollar stamp from Michaels.


One of my goals this year is to keep my cards smaller.  I needed to add lace to my card but found that my card was beginning to look cluttered.  And then it occurred to me that I need to start decorating the inside of my card.  So I added the lace and my sentiment on the inside, as well as the optional key.

 Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

Joan's Gardens challenge

  • Create a Valentine in "non-traditional" colors
  • Use some kind of lace
  • Use a flower - rose if possible
  • Use a key - optional

3 comments:

  1. I love your nontraditional Valentine. Your flower is so pretty and I love the way you added the key on the inside. Thank you for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different and adorable great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very pretty and very creative! Love the colors!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens weekly Challege.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete