Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Simple Valentine

I love making valentine cards, especially when they're pink.  For the background I used a heart embossing folder.  The lovely heart image is from Tammy at A Day For Daisies.  I added the word 'Amour' in Photoshop Elements (this is what I love about digital stamps) and then cut it out in a heart shape.  I used some glossy accents and a supposedly  red glitter pen on the heart image.  I have yet to find an actually red glitter pen. 


I added a Sizzix flourish, my crochet flower with a little rose bud, and my stick pin.  I then finished it off with some sheer ribbon.  The heart cutouts are part of the Sizzix flourish.

I love Cotton Candy Stickles!

Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

challenges
A Day For Daisies: pretty pastels
Joan's Gardens: make a card or tag using some kind of hearts; use any kind of embellishment; use pink/red with white; some kind of embossing

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the embossing and all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card like how you did this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. It's simple and elegant. The colors are just perfect. Good luck to you in our giveaway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you've used that little digi Sarah! The embossing is lovely and I adore crocheted flowers. :-) Beautiful! Thanks for joining in the ADFD challenge. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete