Tuesday, February 15, 2011

And the WINNER is... and a recipe

First, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who visited and left comments.  I love meeting all of you, you're the greatest! 

and now, using random.org, our winner is Janice

Congratulations, Janice!  If you will send me your snail mail address I will get this out to you. 

Yesterday I promised you a recipe.  I do a lot of searching for recipes so I don't know how I missed these.  There must be at least a thousand recipes for these!  So why am I adding 1001?  Just because I can, LOL!  Well, that's what my husband would say.  Actually, I'm going to start a page for recipes even though that isn't my main focus for this blog.  And just maybe, there's one other person who hasn't tried them.  Believe me, they're worth trying.  And they're not overly rich.  And they're super easy! 

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
ingredients:
1 pkg. nutter butter cookies
1 butterfinger candy bar
12 oz. tub whipped cream cheese
2  cups good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips
for coating:
2 cups good quality milk chocolate chips (if you use inexpensive chocolate you might need to use 1 tablespoon shortening if they don't melt well)
heart sprinkles



Place cookies and candy bar in food processor and reduce to fine crumbs.  You want 3 cups crumbs. 



Place semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwaveable bowl and microwave on high, stirring after each 45 seconds, until the chips are melted.   (Chocolate will quickly go from melted to burnt in the microwave.)

Combine the melted chocolate chips and cream cheese until well blended. 

Add the crumbs, mixing well.  Place in the refrigerator for about 30 min. to make them easier to roll.

When well chilled, roll into small balls.  I got about 75; of course, we did a little sampling along the way, just to make sure they were good!

When you're finished, place them in the freezer for about 15 minutes.  No exact science to this, you just want them cold.

Now melt your chocolate chips, same as before.

Remove balls from the freezer and dip in the chocolate.  Place on waxed paper, sprinkle with sprinkles quickly before the chocolate hardens.  I use a fork to dip them; don't pierce them, just lay them on the fork.  I should have taken a pic of this, sorry.  Doing recipes for a blog is hard!

Here they are in all their glory!  I'm going to put them in the freezer and limit us to one a day.  Wish me luck!



variations:  use mint oreo cookies and andes mint chocolate
almond bark instead of chocolate chips
coat with colored sugar, ground nuts, other sprinkles
make up your own combination

I hope you can make sense of these directions.  If you have any questions, just ask.

These are so easy that they make a good project to do with children.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment